Features and benefits
- Contains a synergistic blend of Chinese herbs traditionally used to optimise the body’s detoxification, cleansing and waste elimination, and to assist in the management of symptoms associated with suboptimal detoxification and waste elimination, including constipation, sluggish bowel function, fluid retention, mucous congestion, minor skin problems (such as minor boils and dermatitis), chronic inflammation and recurrent upper respiratory tract infections.
- May also aid the management of mild fungal infections and intestinal dysbiosis (disturbances in the bowel microflora) thanks to the Brazilian herb Pau D’Arco, which has antifungal and immune-boosting properties.
- To restore bowel flora and help maintain digestive health, consider taking Fusion®Probiotic Advanced after your detox.
How it works
In many forms of traditional medicine, poor liver, bowel, kidney, lymphatic and/or skin function are believed to contribute to inadequate removal of toxic compounds and metabolic wastes from the body.
Over time, this may result in accumulating levels of such substances, which may, in turn, contribute to a wide variety of health problems, ranging from sluggish bowel function to decreased resistance to minor bacterial and fungal infections, among others.
The liver is the body’s main organ of detoxification, and in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), is also responsible for directing the smooth movement of Qi, Blood and body fluids around the body, supporting the digestive functions of the Spleen organ-meridian system and regulating emotions.
According to this philosophy, diet and lifestyle factors such as eating greasy or fatty food or not getting enough exercise can interfere with the Liver’s ability to distribute Qi around the body. This may lead to Liver Qi stagnation, or what Westerners often refer to as ‘sluggishness’, which tends to manifest as fatigue (especially in the morning), often accompanied by other non-specific symptoms such as musculoskeletal stiffness and tension, digestive difficulties, changeable moods, a quick temper, a pessimistic outlook and ‘mental fogginess’ (for example, difficulty making decisions).
Each tablet contains extracts Equiv. to dry:
|Handroanthus impetiginosus (Pau D'Arco) inner stem bark||1g (1000mg)|
|Taraxacum mongolicum (Asian Dandelion) whole plant||750mg|
|Berberis vulgaris (Barberry) stem bark||600mg|
|Rheum officinale (Rhubarb) root||500mg|
|Phellodendron amurense (Phellodendron) stem bark||500mg|
|Scutellaria baicalensis (Baical Skullcap) root||500mg|
|Glycyrrhiza uralensis (Licorice) root and stolon||150mg|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements.
- Not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea are present. Prolonged laxative use may cause serious bowel problems.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.