Fusion Glucosamine Advanced Repair
Features and benefits
- Features GlucosaGreen®, an environmentally friendly glucose-based alternative to shellfish-derived glucosamine
- Contains glucosamine to help relieve mild osteoarthritis symptoms, including mild joint pain
- Features the herb eucommia, which is traditionally used as a kidney and liver tonic that relieves symptoms of mild osteoarthritis in Chinese medicine
- Eucommia is also traditionally used in Chinese medicine to strengthen the bones and enhance the health of connective tissues like the ligaments and tendons
- In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), eucommia is traditionally used to relieve mild rheumatic aches and pains (including pain of the lower back, knees, bones and connective tissues like ligaments and tendons) via its tonic actions on the Liver and Kidneys
- Includes the mineral manganese to support healthy joint cartilage production
- Contains vitamin C to support collagen formation and silica to support bone mineral density and mineralisation
- Also contains chondroitin and MSM (dimethyl sulfone)
How it works
Healthy joints are made up of connective tissue including cartilage, which has shock-absorbing characteristics that enable the joints to carry the weight of the body. The cartilage also helps the joints to move smoothly, so that we can perform actions such as walking.
One in five Australians over the age of 45 have osteoarthritis, a progressive condition that can affect several different joints including the hips, knees, ankles, hands and spine.1 Symptoms of mild osteoarthritis include joint swelling, stiffness and pain.1
Glucosamine and mild osteoarthritis
Glucosamine sulphate reduces symptoms of mild osteoarthritis, improves joint mobility and relieves mild joint pain. It also enhances joint and cartilage health via the production of compounds called glycosaminoglycans, which form integral parts of normal healthy joints and joint cartilage.
Eucommia relieves symptoms of mild osteoarthritis
Based on use in TCM, the herb eucommia has tonic effects on the Liver and Kidneys, providing relief from mild osteoarthritis symptoms, enhancing bone strength, promoting the health of connective tissue and relieving mild aches and pains.
Eucommia also relieves mild rheumatic aches and pains; such as lower back pain, pain in the knees, bones and connective tissue including ligaments and tendons.
In TCM, stretching and bending are thought to be easiest when the Liver and Kidney energy (Qi) is healthy because the Liver is traditionally considered responsible for strong ligaments and tendons, and the Kidneys are traditionally regarded as governing strong bones.
Glucosamine Advanced Repair also contains acanthopanax, which is often used alongside eucommia in TCM, where the two herbs are historically believed to reinforce each other.
Nutrients for bone and cartilage health
Manganese is an important mineral for joint cartilage health as it helps to maintain the health of the connective tissue and the formation of collagen found in the joints. Manganese is also required for the healthy mineralisation of the bones.
Vitamin C plays various roles in aiding connective tissue production, including the formation of collagen.
Silica (also known as silicon) supports bone health through maintaining bone mineral density and mineralisation. It also plays a role in supporting connective tissue health including normal collagen formation.
Each capsule contains:
|Glucosamine sulphate sodium chloride - GlucosaGreen®||471.05mg|
|equiv. glucosamine sulphate||375mg|
|Bovine sodium chondroitin sulphate||114.06mg|
|equiv. bovine chondroitin sulphate||105mg|
|Dimethyl sulfone (MSM)||125mg|
|Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)||40mg|
|Silicon (as colloidal anhydrous silica)||5.6mg|
|Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate)||1.5mg|
|Plus dry extracts:|
|Eucommia (Eucommia ulmoides ) stem bark 100mg, Equiv. to dry||1.5g|
|Acanthopanax (Eleutherococcus nodiflorus) root bark 35mg, Equiv. to dry||350mg|
No added artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts or dairy products. Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
Contains 48.72mg sodium per capsule. Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Vitamin and mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet. No added artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts or dairy products.