Fusion Kids' Astra 8 Immune Shield
Features and benefits
- Immune support specially formulated for kids
- Delicious, naturally derived blackcurrant flavour
- Mixes easily in water or juice
- Sweetened with stevia, and contains no added sugar
- Suitable for children aged 2 years and over
- Based on Jade Windscreen Formula, which has been used for hundreds of years in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), where it’s traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds
- Includes astragalus to help stimulate a healthy immune response
- Plus zinc for additional immune support and to help reduce the frequency with which children catch common colds
- Also contains fresh elderberry juice, equivalent to 568.5mg per 2.5mL
How it works
WHY DOES MY CHILD KEEP CATCHING COLDS?
Since they haven’t been exposed to many cold viruses during their short lifespans (and therefore haven’t developed immunity to them), kids are more prone to catching common colds than adults are.
This is a normal part of your child’s immune system development and occurs over a number of years as their immune system gains more exposure to different viruses and learns how to respond to them.
Your child’s exposure to viruses naturally increases when they attend daycare or kindy, where they’re more likely to encounter other children with colds.
As a result, children can normally catch up to 10 colds each year – more than double the number experienced by adults.
JADE WINDSCREEN FORMULA
Fusion Kids’ Astra 8 Immune Shield is based on a herbal combination called Jade Windscreen Formula, which is traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds in TCM, where it’s considered particularly beneficial for people who suffer from them repeatedly and is typically taken for several months at a time.
Jade Windscreen Formula contains the following herbs:
Astragalus helps stimulate healthy immune responses and support the immune system in fighting illness.
In Chinese medicine, astragalus is traditionally used to support defensive Qi (a specific form of life force energy that boosts resistance against infection) and to help reduce the frequency of common colds.
Astragalus is also traditionally taken to support vitality and relieve fatigue in TCM.
White atractylodes is traditionally believed to act synergistically with astragalus in Jade Windscreen Formula, reinforcing its actions. In Chinese medicine, it’s also traditionally used to nourish the Spleen and is therefore taken to relieve loss of appetite.
Fang Feng is also known as wind protector; its name is a reference to its traditional use in TCM for clearing wind-heat from the body, and it’s a key ingredient in the Jade Windscreen Formula.
Each 2.5mL contains dry extracts:
|Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) root 54.3mg, min. dry Equiv.||814.5mg|
|White atractylodes (Atractylodes macrocephala) root 54.3mg, dry Equiv.||271.5mg|
|Fang Feng (Saposhnikovia divaricata) root 54.3mg, dry Equiv.||271.5mg|
|Plus fresh juice:|
|Elderberry (Sambucus nigra) fruit 47.38mg, fresh Equiv.||568.5mg|
|Zinc gluconate (Zinc gluconate) 5.7mg, Equiv. to zinc||0.8mg|
Contains purified water, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, citric acid, glycerol, xanthan gum, Stevia rebaudiana, potassium sorbate, maltodextrin and blackcurrant flavour (naturally derived).
If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Contains potassium sorbate. Store below 25°C. Do not use if cap seal is broken. Keep out of reach of children.
- Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional. Mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Contains potassium sorbate