Blackmores Lutein Defence
Blackmores Lutein Defence™ contains lutein and zeaxanthin, that help reduce free radical damage and support eye health. In the eye, lutein and zeaxanthin filter (high energy) blue light.
Lutein and zeaxanthin are deposited in the retina of the macula. Lutein and zeaxanthin are needed to maintain the density of the macula. They cannot be manufactured by the body so they must be obtained from the diet.
- Maintains eye macula and retina health
- Maintains healthy eye function
- Source of antioxidants
Lutein 10 mg
Lutein is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Lutein is found in dark green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale.
Zeaxanthin 2 mg
Zeaxanthin is a carotenoid nutrient that belongs to xanthophylls family and is closely related to lutein. Xanthophylls are a group of plant pigments responsible for many of the bright coloured fruits and vegetables. Zeaxanthin is found in sweet corn, persimmons, orange capsicums and oranges.
- Always read the label
- Follow the directions for use
- Supplements may only be of assistance if dietary intake is inadequate
- If you have any pre-existing conditions or are on any medications always talk to your health professional before use