Fusion Hair Tonic
Features and benefits
Fusion Hair Tonic includes:
- Biota traditionally used to decrease hair loss and improve hair growth in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Biota is also traditionally used to help maintain healthy hair follicles and to relieve scalp irritation by cooling blood heat in TCM
- An increased dose of Dong Quai, which is traditionally used as a blood tonic that improves hair health in TCM
- Plus the traditional Chinese herbs Rehmannia root, white peony, Chinese licorice, Cuscuta and Szechuan lovage
How it works
Fusion’s new improved Hair Tonic formulation is based on the traditional Chinese understanding of the role of blood in the health of hair.
In TCM, the hair is traditionally believed to be nourished by the blood, which keeps it shiny and healthy.
On the other hand, hair loss, thinning hair, poor hair health and an itchy or irritated scalp are often attributed to excess heat in the blood in TCM.
Poor hair condition?
Dong Quai is traditionally taken to improve the health of the hair and consequently enhance its condition and shine in Chinese medicine, where it’s traditionally regarded as achieving these effects by enhancing the health of the blood.
In TCM, Dong Quai is also traditionally regarded as having invigorating effects on the blood, improving its circulation to all areas of the body.
Losing your hair?
Up to 70% of men and up to 40% of women are affected by some degree of hair loss*.
In Chinese medicine, the herb biota (also known as Chinese thuja) is traditionally taken to reduce hair loss and improve hair growth.
Excess heat in the blood is regarded as a common cause of hair loss in TCM, and biota is traditionally taken to disperse the heat and help maintain the health of the hair follicles, which are the tiny dimples in the scalp that the hair grows from.
Got an irritated scalp?
When scalp problems are attributed to excess heat in the blood in TCM, biota is traditionally used to clear the heat from the blood and calm irritation.
Each capsule contains herbal extracts equivalent to:
|Biota (Biota Orientalis) twig leafy 150mg, dry Equiv.||1.5g|
|Dong Quai (Angelica polymorpha) root 83.3mg, dry Equiv.||1.25g|
|White peony (Paeonia lactiflora) root 70mg, dry Equiv.||490mg|
|Cuscuta (Cuscuta hygrophilae) seed 60.7mg, dry Equiv.||425mg|
|Rehmannia (Rehmannia glutinosa) root (Sheng Di) 41.7mg, dry Equiv.||250mg|
|Rehmannia (Rehmannia glutinosa) cooked root (Shu Di) 35.7mg, dry Equiv.||250mg|
|Total Rehmannia Equiv. to dry||500mg|
|Szechuan lovage (Ligusticum striatum) root 35mg, dry Equiv.||350mg|
|Chinese licorice (Glycyrrhiza uralensis) root 35mg, dry Equiv.||
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
- Store below 30°C.
- Do not use if cap seal is broken.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Not recommended during pregnancy and lactation