Features and benefits
In Chinese medicine:
- Horny goat weed, morinda, curculigo and Schisandra are traditionally used to enhance sexual vitality in both men and women
- Horny goat weed is traditionally used to unblock the flow of Qi (life force energy), and in circumstances where libido is low
- Along with Tribulus, horny goat weed is also traditionally used to tonify the Kidney organ-meridian system (which is considered central to reproductive health in TCM) and to anchor Yang, which is associated with masculine qualities; deficiency of Yang may lead to fatigue and reduced sexual interest
- Morinda is traditionally taken to improve physical performance
- Schisandra is traditionally used to relieve fatigue and enhance resistance to physical and emotional stress
How it works
In TCM, the Kidney organ-meridian system is traditionally believed to play a vital role in sexual function, in part because it’s the source of the opposing forces of Yin and Yang.
In both men and women, Yang has active and energetic characteristics. It’s associated with masculine energy, fire, hardness, strength and upwards movement. In contrast, Yin is softer and cooler, associated with feminine energy, calmness, slowness and stillness.
What happens when Yang energy is too low?
From the perspective of TCM, deficiency of Yang (or a low ratio of Yang relative to Yin) in either men or women is often associated with fatigue and may lead to low libido and a lack of sexual desire.
In Chinese medicine, the herbs Tribulus and horny goat weed are traditionally used to ‘anchor’ the Yang, which is the poetic traditional Chinese way of saying that they’re used to stop Yang from floating away and being unable to exert its strong, fiery and masculine influence.
Both Tribulus and horny goat weed are also traditionally used in Chinese medicine to strengthen Jing, a form of life force energy that’s inherited from our parents at the time of conception in finite quantities. In TCM, Jing is believed to decline as we get older, and one of the symptoms that can be associated with that decline is a reduction in sexual interest.
Each tablet contains extracts Equiv. to dry:
|Tribulus Terrestris (Tribulus) fruit||2.5g (2500mg)|
|Epimedium sagittatum (Horny Goat Weed) herb||2.25g (2250mg)|
|Morinda Officinalis (Morinda) root||1.15g (1150mg)|
|Curculigo orchioides (Curculigo orchioides) root||750mg|
|Schisandra Chinensis (Schisandra) fruit||350mg|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.