Features and benefits
- High potency formula, with each tablet providing 1000 mg of Vitex (also known as Chaste Berry or Chaste Tree).
- Promotes a healthy menstrual cycle.
- Helps relieve symptoms of premenstrual emotional upheaval such as mood swings, irritability and tension.
- Also helps reduce the frequency and severity of physical symptoms of PMS, including breast tenderness, abdominal bloating, fluid retention (oedema), pelvic congestion, period pain and acne.
- Aids the management of acne in both men and women, and can be taken alongside antibiotics for this purpose when professionally advised.
- For additional support of the female reproductive system, and for periods that are irregular, we recommend taking Fusion® Women's Balance tablets in conjunction with Vitex.
- For heavy periods, combine Vitex with Fusion® Tienchi Ginseng, which has traditionally been used to reduce heavy menstrual bleeding and address the Qi stagnation that often accompanies it.
- If you experience menstrual cramps, period pain (dysmenorrhoea) or menstrual migraines, consider teaming Vitex with Fusion® Magnesium Advanced or Magnesium Advanced Powder for additional relief.
How it works
Is your life disrupted by PMS each month? If so, you’re far from alone – almost half of all women are affected to some extent during their reproductive years.
Whether you experience physical symptoms like fluid retention, breast tenderness or period pain, or emotional disturbances such as tension, irritability and unstable moods, PMS is definitely not ‘all in your head’.
In fact, it can have a substantial impact on your wellbeing, and may also interfere with your work life, personal relationships and other activities.
Vitex has been the subject of numerous clinical studies, which have shown that it helps reduce the frequency and intensity of many physical symptoms of PMS, including breast tenderness (mastalgia), fluid retention, abdominal bloating, and feelings of pelvic congestion and pain. At the same time, it may also be beneficial for emotional symptoms such as tension, irritability and unstable moods.
These effects are believed to occur because Vitex has an inhibiting effect on the hormone prolactin, the elevation of which may be at least partially responsible for PMS symptoms. In addition, Vitex also appears to have pain-relieving and mood-regulating effects via other pathways, including helping to offset premenstrual declines in endorphins.
Each tablet contains extract Equiv. to dry:
|Vitex agnus-castus (Chaste Tree) fruit||1g (1000mg)|
No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, yeast, wheat, gluten, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
For pre-pubescent teenagers and children take as professionally advised. During pregnancy, always consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before taking herbal medicines and nutritional supplements. Consult a health practitioner prior to use if taking hormone-containing medications such as progesterone preparations, oral contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy. Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.