Hilde Hemmes Swedish Bitters Liquid
Swedish Bitters is a bitter tonic, traditionally used in herbal medicine to support digestion and to assist with mild digestive symptoms such as indigestion, bloating, flatulence, constipation and lack of appetite.
Contains Aloe, which has traditionally been used in herbal medicine as a laxative, to assist with the relief of constipation).
Also contains Black cohosh, traditionally used in herbal medicine to assist in the relief of premenstrual symptoms and help relieve symptoms associated with menopause such as hot flushes, sweating, sleeping disorders and nervous tension.
Swedish Bitters are also traditionally used in herbal medicine as a gargle for the relief of sore throats and toothache.
- Aloe (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice 133.34 mg
- Senna (Cassia Angustifolia) leaf 133.34 mg
- Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root & rhizome 133.34 mg
- Myrrh* (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin 85.72 mg
- Zedoary* (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome 152.38 mg
- Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin 133.34 mg
- Carline thistle (Carlina acaulis) root 66.66 mg
- Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome 152.38 mg
- Black cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) root & rhizome 19.06 mg
- Valerian* (Valeriana officinalis) root & rhiz & stolon 19.06 mg
- Cinnamon* (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) stem bark inner 19.06mg
- Cardamom* (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit 19.06 mg
- Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style 2.66 mg
Always read the label and use only as directed. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Not recommended for use in children under 12 years or by pregnant or lactating women. Not recommended in cases of gastric/duodenal ulcers. Contains alcohol 40% v/v. As a laxative, drink plenty of water. Prolonged use may cause serious bowel problems. Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or if you develop diarrhoea.
Warning: In very rare cases, black cohosh has been associated with liver failure. If you are experiencing yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine, nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain, and/or loss of appetite, you should stop using this product and see your doctor.